Double Bay

Originally called “Keltie Bay” after the master of the First Fleet vessel HMS “Sirius”, the suburbs current name evolved because of the pair of bays on its northern harbour foreshore. Governor Macquarie originally bought 20 acres for development as a Botanic Garden, but the garden never eventuated.  The 1920’s and 30’s were the growth years for Double Bay with the bulk of its stylish apartments and elegant bungalows being built.

1320665-save-for-web.jpg
Double Bay Properties​